Let's start with Monday... Elder Antezana's girlfriend broke up with him through Email in the middle of Emailing and well...didn't talk much for our last 3 days together. So those were long days. Tuesday. We are coming home from District meeting and all of a sudden Antezana gets a phone call. Then we jump off the bus and start running!!! I had no idea what was going on and we had been running for over a mile and I see one of my zone leaders freaking out and pacing back and forth next to an AMBULANCE!! I get there and the other ZL is sitting in the ambulance! Antezana gets in the ambulance to help with SPanish and me and Elder Bastian take a bus to the hospital and I find out that ELder Adams was crossing the street and got hit by a taxi REALLY HARD! We saw a huge bump on his leg and knew it was broken and he would probably be going home. We waited at the hospital for the whole afternoon and he finally came out WALKING!!! The doctors told him it was a miracle that his leg was not completely broken. It was crazy! Then that day we went to give a blessing to that one Less active guy that I yelled at because he we about to go in for an operation and after the blessing he was crying and gave me a huge hug and now he likes me a lot and asked me to come teach his 8 year old son the lessons so he can get baptized. That was a great experience.
Wednesday comes and we get up at 4 in the morning to walk several miles to the train station and a few blocks out of our house the wheels on Antezana's suitcase break....we dragged it the whole way. He leaves and didn't say too much and we waited for my companion.
His name is Elder Medina and he's from Texas. He was homeschooled and has a little bit of that social difference but I have learned a TON from him! He is an amazing teacher!!! And a great missionary.
I have REALLY stepped up to the plate this week. I have had to do a lot on my own because Antezana was dead and Medina doesn't know anything about our investigators, Sevilla, the members, etc... So I have had to step up and do a LOT. I have grown super much in these last few days and I know we are gonna have a lot of success here.
Dad, I ate baby octopus the other day haha. I always remember that you talked about that as being one of the weird foods you ate in Hong Kong and I thought it was super cool that I was eating it on my mission now :).
We have this WHOLE week booked with appointments because when Medina came I decided to start at ground zero. Antezana didn't leave me with a whole lot because he always visited the same people. So we have been contacting like crazy and have a ton of new investigators! We've had quite a few very funny experiences with these different people too haha. I have recorded them on my camera because that's the only way to quite understand :) You'll have to wait another 19months.. :) SOrry! hahaha. But everything is WONDERFUL!!! We have a baptismal date for the end of march so hopefully that all goes through :). Love you all and I will be working hard this week to have more great stories for next week! :)
Elder Derick Marchant
No comments:
Post a Comment