It's been a long week...haha but good! And I have lots of stuff to talk about! First off, and the most exciting part!!...is that we have a Baptismal date for a kid named Samuel! He is 21 years old and is Golden! Every time we teach him the Spirit is especially strong! We also have 2 other FAMILIES that we think we will almost definitely be able to get set with dates as well! There has only been 1 baptism in our area in the last 2 years I think so if we get these it will be HUGE! :) We are super excited! ALright..now I have lots of little things. I got the other package! The shoe things are great! They help a lot! Thanks for gum too! It's like gold here! So expensive! So I'm cherishing my gum :). And the quote pad is the best! Because I haven't been able to put anything in my quote book since I got here because we aren't watching MTC devotionals and stuff like in the MTC. So now I can start adding quotes into my quote book again! :) I got a haircut! From my companion! It's not...terrible :). haha. I still can look presentable :). haha Last week all the missionaries in our ward went to the Bishop's house for new years eve! We sang Christmas songs and ate a ton of food! It was really fun. They have a tradition here in Spain on New Years eve. Right before midnight the clocktower in Madrid tolls 12 times. On every toll you shove a grape in your mouth! So by the time it really is midnight you have 12 grapes in your mouth and every screams "Happy New Year!" But it's all mumbled and grapes fall out of peoples mouths haha! Last P day we went to this place called the Cetas. Which means Mushrooms. In the Center of Sevilla they have this super tall "Mushrooms" that you can go up to the top and see ALL of Sevilla! I have tons of pictures and hopefully they actually go through today! We have a good friend in the ward named Eleazar and we were able to go watch him open his mission call last week :) It was cool being a missionary and seeing someone do that :) I was thinking "Wow, I just did this!" but then I was like 'No! That was like 8 months ago!!! What the heck!!!" Time has been flying for sure! Mom, I am singing! We had a multizone talent show last week on New Years Day and I sang "O My Father" :). Needless to say, I met lots of Sister missionaries after that ....:) hahaha! We also accidently left our keys in the Piso last week :). That was fun :) We spent a long time trying to break in and finally gave up and went grocery shopping while we waited for our landlord to come let us in :). Then we PRACTICED breaking in! It's actually really easy! .....I don't know if that is good or not :). haha A lot of members call us "Hermano" and not Elder and we have this one lady in our ward that invites us over all the time for food and to teach her little lessons haha. We she gave us New Years gifts which were socks :). And my package said "Hermano Americano" haha. When we went over there yesterday she practiced saying my last name because she was pretty embarassed haha ;). Well, that's a lot for this week! Love you guys! I'm loving it and doing great! My testimony definitely grows every single day! :)
You're all in my prayers!
Elder Marchant
We have a good friend in the ward named Eleazar and we were able to go watch him open his mission call last week :)
Last P day we went to this place called the Cetas. Which means Mushrooms. In the Center of Sevilla they have this super tall "Mushrooms" that you can go up to the top and see ALL of Sevilla!
Mom,
I did get a letter from Greg! It was good to hear from him.
Hey, I'm almost in Alma 30! Wanna race!?! Haha. No, Take your time!! The Book of Mormon is so dang awesome!! Mine is so marked up! I can't believe the things I've learned! I'm currently reading it through in English and then will do it in Spanish after and then start studying the New Testament! Right now I am marking it up with all sorts of things but focusing on every scripture or story that is about putting our Trust in the Lord. It is everywhere! My "Trust in the Lord" color is green and I have more green than any other color in my scriptures!!
Love ya,
Elder Marchant
No comments:
Post a Comment