Monday, March 31, 2014

Transfer Week!!!

Well.... I'm being transferred. I've come to accept it haha. It's very sad but I feel like it's time for me somewhere else. And I know my president was inspired. I am going to a town outside of Malaga called Torremolinos. I will be serving in one of the wards in Malaga but out of the city in a littler town. It's right on the beach so that will be nice now that the weather is heating up! Sevilla is known to get up to 130 degrees during the summer!!! So I'm glad I'll be down near the coast where the weather is a little more temporal. My new comp looks like Freshie from the pictures I've seen of him haha. So hopefully I'll feel right at home! I leave on Wednesday.

It's been a really long week. Last week we couldn't ever get in to M-. The girl we were going to baptize. Then the day before her baptism we finally did and had her interview and she was super ready! We were all super excited! I got my transfer call that night in a member's home and told them I'd be leaving. It was really hard to say goodbye. I shared one of my favorite scriptures with them and my testimony and the Spirit was about as strong as I had ever felt it. Then I had done the same thing with some investigators that day as well. Saying goodbye. The next day was M-'s baptism. We stopped at her house that morning to make sure she was ready and everything and told her we would see her that night! Me and my companion spent all afternoon getting arrangements all squared away and 20 minutes before the baptism she wasn't there. We called and her uncle told us she didn't feel well and wasn't going to come. We had tried calling and asked if we could give her a blessing or what we could do and her family just said that they don't think she wants to be baptized. She didn't come to church the next Sunday and we called and her Mom said that she had an infection and wouldn't be coming. They haven't answered the phone since then so we don't know what is happening. It was a rough few days.

But a lot of our others are progressing and my companion should be on the mission blog multiple times next month! haha. I left a lot of good here and hope to keep going in Malaga! Today we are enjoying our last P day together as a district. They are really hard to say goodbye to because they have become family to me here. But the work isn't gonna do itself so I gotta git'r'dun! :)

Love you guys! I'll tell you how great Torremolinos is next week! :)

Elder Marchant

pics...
Flamenco dress
Alcazar de Sevilla 

pooping statue....that's the only thing I can see it being haha
more of the Alcazar de Sevilla!
it's a huge palace with these amazing gardens! 
Yes, that is a huge maze of bushes!!! We had a race! 

Zone Conference.


No comments:

Post a Comment