Monday, April 21, 2014

Happy Easter Everybody!!!

Happy Easter Everybody!!!


So let me first tell you about Easter in Spain. They have an entire WEEK of celebration! It´s called Semana Santa. Every day they have prossessions that walk through the streets and they all represent different things.

Yesterday, for Easter, me and my comp, the other elders in our ward, the hermanas in our ward, and the AP's and sister training leaders from the other Malaga ward got together and had Easter Dinner! I cooked meat and everyone else brought something to share! It was super fun! We watched the ´ Because of Him´ Easter video together after we ate and then we decorated Easter Eggs and played Chubby Bunny! Just so you all know I DOMINATED Chubby Bunny and it was the first time I had ever played it! I got 17 marshmallows in my mouth and said Chubby Bunny!!!! Just so we put this in perspective, my companion only got 5 and the person in 2nd place got 8! :)


Last Saturday me and Elder Wiley went and did service. We went to a Soup Kitchen in the morning and cut tons of vegetables for the soup and then we help serve it to the people that came and cleaned up after! It was pretty fun and the people who were there are super appreciative that we do that. It was nice :)


For my 6 month mark I didn´t burn a tie because I don´t have enough to afford burning one haha. So I colored one, cut it out, and burned it :).


I don´t know if I have told you guys before but we teach this little Chinese kids named Chaz english every Friday and that is fun! He doesn´t get it super great but I don´t blame him because he is currently learning Chinese, English, French, and German. So sometimes we talk in German and he teaches us Chinese sometimes too ;). His parents are super great and are having us over for Chinese food sometime soon.


I would like to share my testimony of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I am grateful beyond comprehension for his sacrifice for me. I know that for one moment he suffered just for me. He did the same for all of you as well. He performed marvelous miracles in the course of His life, established His church and His Gospel, lived, and died for us. But I know that He lives still. He conquered death and because of His victory of it, we all will conquer it as well. We all will live again and more importantly, if we do what He has asked us, we will live WITH Him again, and with our families. And we will do so for time and all eternity. I know that Jesus Christ restored His church through a prophet, seer, and revelator named Joseph Smith, who received the holy Priesthood once again and translated the sacred record, The Book of Mormon. I know it is true. It can´t not be. I am grateful to be a missionary for my Lord, Savior, and Redeemer: Jesus Christ. I am proud to wear His name upon my chest and I am trying and striving every day to be worthy of that privelege. This is the one and only true Gospel. I have the opportunity to see it change people´s lives every day, including mine. I am a Mormon. I know it, I live it, I love it :). I love you all. I love this Gospel. And I love Jesus Christ. I testify of these things in His sacred name.


Elder Derick Marchant

Here at home, we had to celebrate Derick being gone for 6 months so we went to a nearby part that has a big hill and I took pictures of the kids 1/2 way up the hill and tried to take pictures of them HALF way up the slide, to represent Derick being "1/2 way up the hill" of his mission.  I know, pretty pathetic but we are excited that he is that far in his mission.

From his last baptism.  I just love how happy he looks in the picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment