First! The man that we baptized a few weeks ago, Lorenzo. We gave him the Aaronic Priesthood yesterday :). That was such a cool experience. He's a super funny guy and just likes listening. He won't pray out loud or participate in class and he freaked out when we told him he could help with the sacrament last week haha. He is so humble and is just happy that he's made it where he is with his family. But he doesn't want to be in the crowd haha :). He is super excited about the temple though! So we are setting goals with them so that in a year they will make it there!
We have a senior couple in our mission. They are the Castillos. They are American but they do speak Spanish. He is such a cool guy. I don't know if I told you guys toward the beginning of my mission but one day he called me and said "I have a rule. When I think about someone once I just think about them. Twice, I say a pray for them. And the third time, I call them." So he called me and we just chatted for a while and he has been a great person to look up to and talk to in the mission. They live in Fuengirola which is where the mission office is and Torremolinos is halfway between Malaga and Fuengirola. So last week they invited us over to eat! He asked if I could eat 1 meal from home what would it be. And I said "Grandma's Meat loaf and cheesy potatoes" haha. So that's what they made us! It was nice to have a meal like that! We had a really fun time with them that night.
Last week we were running to catch a train to Malaga for a meeting. We saw the train but had to run down some stairs underground to the other side and back up stairs to make it to the other platform. I was right behind Elder Wiley and we made it up to the platform and the doors were shutting. I was withing reaching distance of the doors and watched my companion SQUEEZE in! He tried pressing the button to get the doors to open but they didn't! So we stared at each other as the train pulled away hahahaha!! The first thing I thought was "Dang it! I left the talk I was reading at home! What am I gonna do for 40 minutes alone!?" haha. So I waited for the next train and figured the my comp was waiting for me in Malaga. But he had got off at the stop after Torremolinos and got waited there for my train to pass and climbed on! So we had less time apart :) It was a pretty crazy but fun experience! :) haha.
Last P-day it was raining all day so we decided not to go do anything fun in Malaga and we stayed home and got in our sweats and ate snacks, read talks, listened to music, and slept all afternoon! It was easily one of my favorite P-days! haha :) But today we are going to a castle in Malaga and that will be fun!
Thank the Wright family in our American Fork ward! They sent me an Easter letter! :) I appreciate it!
This week we are having Consecration Week. We fasted yesterday and this week we are being 100% obedient as a mission! We are offering this week to the Lord and have a goal of 70 baptisms, 200 baptismal dates, and 200 investigators in church during the month of May! We are super excited for this week because we don't have anything right now and really need good investigators. Even though this area is way harder than Sevilla and we have almost no work, We are still being very positive! We know that if we do everything we can, the Lord will bless us. :)
Hope all of your weeks are as full of adventures as mine! I also hope all of your Preach My Gospel study is going well since we were asked to do that this conference :) Just a reminder!
Love,
Elder Marchant
Burning the 6 month tie!
17 Marshmallows!!!
and Costa del Sol! the Southern Coast of Spain!


No comments:
Post a Comment