Monday, May 5, 2014

This week was the Week of Consecration

This week was the Week of Consecration.


Roughest week by far of the mission! haha. We are obedient missionaries so we didn´t have to change much but I have never had a week so hard as far as the work goes. It honestly felt like all of Spain hated us!


Day 1: We get flashed by some crazy lady at the train station.
Day 2: We taught literally the craziest lesson I have ever had or WILL EVER have. This crazy woman told us stories for a straight hour about the visions that she has had; from the city of Atlantis, to casting out demons with her banjo, to the coast of the United States being destroyed by China and Russia. This lady told us the CRAZIEST stuff I've ever heard! haha.
Day 3: I've never been kicked out of a building that I've been teaching or contacting in. In ONE hour we got kicked out of 2! Every single plan we had for that day was cancelled.


The ENTIRE week was like that! haha. We went home every night just laughing at how terrible our day was! :) We kept a very good attitude and worked hard and stayed obedient but wow. What a hard week! I think my companion will be transfered next week too so it'll be hard being here and starting with a new companion and not having anything. But that's the mission :) haha.


We did see several miracles. Last tuesday we were walking passed a soccer field where the young men and bishop and some members usually play to try to get investigators to come. We went to see if we had any investigators there and there weren't any so we were leaving and all of a sudden someone yelled and I looked and saw a member named Ramon on the ground. He's an older guy and it was a hot day. He had collapsed on the ground and was shaking. I told the bishop that I had oil on me and we ran into the field and gave him a blessing. He regained consciousness and we waited there with him and did everything we could until the ambulances came. We went to his house that night and he was totally fine! He said that the doctor's couldn't explain what happened and they figured it was just low blood pressure. He got up and bore his testimony yesterday and was talking about the hand of the Lord in our lives and how it was such a miracle that we were there right then to give him a blessing and that we saved his life. I had heard stories like that all my life but never thought that I would be in that situation ever! It's crazy to think that one day I will be telling those stories about the priesthood and how we need to be prepared and about the hand of the Lord in our lives. :)
I am very grateful for the priesthood and that the Lord is mindful of ALL of us :).


I finished the Book of Mormon in english this week! That was good! :) and now I am reading the New Testament in English and the Book of Mormon in Spanish! :)


I'm excited for this next week and ready to see even more miracles! :) Hope you guys have a great week!


Elder Marchant


 Pictures are from the Castle in Malaga 


MALAGA
Random Pictures from Seville.


Layouts from last weeks pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment