A bit of history to what Derick is talking about...Derick directed a community childrens theater play the summer before he left so that he could earn some money for his mission. He directed this play with the help of the High Schools Drama Sterling Scholar. The last night of performance after the end of the play he was told that he had to give everything that he had raised for the play back to the school and couldn't keep any of it. In the end....we were blessed from his obedience but it was tough.
So you all know about the musical and what happened and what Grandpa Evers told me the day after he gave me the blessing: that I needed to forgive and give away the money and everything. And that someone in the mission would need to hear this story of forgiveness. Well, I found at least one of those people this week. :)
A member moved here when I got here and he has always seemed super weird but when Elder Rodriguez saw him, he recognized him. Turns out that this man lived in Elder Rodriguez' house for a few years when my companion was 12 or so. Well this man invited us to come and eat with him this last week and so we came in to Malaga to eat out with him. He and Elder Rodriguez started getting caught up on everything that has happened and this guy told us that he got married years ago and this lady just married him to get papers to stay in Spain and then she told the police a lie and got this man put in jail for 2 years unjustly. I could tell that this man was very angry and emotional as he was telling us this story and I felt prompted to tell him what happened to me. I told him about the musical and what the school did and everything and he was just getting more fired up, yelling about how unjust everything was and how he can't believe anything like that would happen. But then I told him about my Grandpa giving me a blessing. I said that my Grandpa came up to my house early in the morning the next day and told me that after the blessing he didn't feel right, that he prayed all day to figure out what he missed saying. My Grandpa told me that the Lord told him that I needed to forgive the people. That it was a lesson that I needed to learn and that the story of forgiveness would bless the lives of people in the mission who needed it. This man broke down crying and gave me a hug in the middle of Domino's Pizza. He whispered in my ear that he was the man who needed to hear that story. I explained to him of the huge burden that was lifted off of me after I had prayed and offered my forgiveness. It really is a feeling that I can't even explain. This man just kept crying and crying. He asked me if I could give him a blessing. We went back to the church and I went and prayed and then gave him a blessing. It was one of the most powerful moments ever. I can't remember anything I told him. It felt like that blessing was only for him. He gave me a hug again and told me that he would go home that night and pray and offer up his forgiveness for what had happened to him. I haven't seen him since then but I won't ever forget that day! It is such a testimony builder to me of the power of the Priesthood, of Personal Revelation, and of Forgiveness. What an amazing day. :) Thank you guys for all your help during that time and thanks Grandpa Evers :) I love you all.
Elder Marchant
New Suit!!! The best members in the world gave it to me!! :)
I've begun to develope my art skills because my companion sleeps through companion study time. :) haha
And just silly pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment