We didn´t teach hardly anyone, haha. But we went on a contacting frenzy and found a ton of new people that seem really good! :) So we are really excited.
It´s hard to find people at home during all these holidays. And in Spain they Celebrate ¨The Christmas Season¨ all the way until tomorrow. Tomorrow is ¨Day of the Kings¨. In Spain, the 3 Wise men/Kings bring the kids gifts also, not just Santa Claus. So it´s been nice to have another 2 weeks of Christmas music and lights :) haha. But it will be even nicer to be able to teach after all of the holidays are over.
For New Years eve we went to a family´s house from Colombia and ate with them. Me and the Zone Leaders brought our Books of Mormon too so we could finish the last chapter right before midnight :). That was nice. To have read it in 100 days in Spanish. It is true in ANY language :).
In Spain, at midnight there are 12 tolls from the clock tower in Madrid and on every toll you put a grape in your mouth. So we all yell HAPPY NEW YEAR with a mouth full of 12 grapes :) I wanna bring that tradition home :).
I played the piano in sacrament meeting AGAIN yesterday! :) It´s kinda fun but super stressful. And no one sings loud here so everyone can hear if you mess up.
I teach an advanced English class every Friday at the Church and this week we translated Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen and Man in the Mirror by Michael Jackson for class :) It was super fun and they made me sing the songs and try to dance like Michael Jackson :) hahaha! I love teaching English class.
Last P-day all the district went to a members house to eat and then I taught everyone how to play poker :). That was fun :). It´s also nice to learn new words in Spanish. I had never explained how to play poker in Spanish so it was a good learning opportunity for me as well :). Now if I ever serve in a Spanish ward or branch, I can do a good young men´s activity ;)
Everything is great :). I am really happy and animated this week. I don´t wanna leava Granada and that´s coming up soon probably. But I will do whatever I gotta do. I DID mention to President that I REALLY wanna stay though... :) We will see, I guess.
Love you guys! Have a great week! :) Honk at the missionaries when you drive pass :).
Elder Marchant
Derick LOVES his district!!!
Argentinian BBQ.
Elder Oldroyd came to visit with his family.
Derick had that exact stocking when he was little!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment