However, I fear being chastised again by an angry mother so I will try to make this email exciting:).
First of all, Elder Adcock is a STUD! :) He speaks Spanish really well for how much time he has in the mission. He really studied hard in the MTC. In Spanish, if you say ¨Tengo prisa¨ it literally translates to ¨I have haste¨ wich means ¨I´m in a hurry¨. Everyone is constantly saying it when we stop them in the street. I tried telling Elder Adcock that there is a disease going around in Spain called ¨prisa¨ and if anyone ever told us that they have it, we have to run. I was so excited for someone to say it to us but he already knew what it meant :( haha. So he is really good! :).
I DID get a good joke on him though :)... So in the missionary cars, if we are ever in reverse, the missionary who is not driving has to get out and help back up. But Elder Adcock obviously wasn´t used to waiting outside of the car when we go back to it so we both got in. I waited a minute and then said ¨Hey man...if we were ever to be walking out at night or something and some guys came and attacked me to mug me, would you back me up?¨ and he said ¨Yeah man, of course I¨d back you up.¨ Then I said ¨ Good. good.....And if a ton of crazy people came and started to Bible bash us and stuff, would you back me up?¨ And he said, ¨Yes. I would back you up, man.¨ and then I paused and said ¨So......will you back me up?¨ I was referring to him getting out to back me up in the car but what I didn´t realize during the course of this joke was that a man in the car in front of us had gotten out and was looking at us really weird and staring at us from across the street and he was crazy looking, so Elder Adcock thought that I was planning on jumping out of the car to beat up this guy so he says, ¨What? like right NOW!?¨ And I said ¨Yeah man, jump out and back me up.¨ And he was thinking the whole time that we were gonna go beat that guy up :) hahaha! I laughed so hard when he finally told me what was going through his head during that joke! :) It was a funny little bonding thing though :)
I just got back from Concilio with Elder Landinez ( My Zone Leader Companion). It was so stressful haha. We are the only car without a GPS and I wasn´t going with anyone who knew how to get there. As Nephi says, ¨I was led by the Spirit, not knowing beforehand the things which I should do.¨ :). I seriously was super stressed out for the entire 6 hours there and 6 back haha :) We never got SUPER lost :). And we made it on time to everything haha.
But Concilio was totally worth it. We don´t have zone meeting this month so all of concilio was directed towards us as leaders. President Deere talked to us a lot about the new President that is coming; about accepting change, especially changes in leadership. He talked about the things we need to do to prepare for him to come. It was a super spiritual meeting. President Deere knows that we just love him so much and that it´s hard for us to accept that he is leaving soon. But when he testified to us about knowing that the new mission President had been called of God, you could just feel that he KNEW it and that he was so humbled to have accomplished what he has in the mission and that he knows that the new President will do even greater things. I LOVE President Deere.
Well...that´s the best I can come up with for this week because I am too exhausted to think beyond that :) haha. But everything is going great :). The mission is awesome. So awesome in fact....that I was so busy thinking about how much I love it and how tired it makes me that I forgot to bring my camera cord :). I also blame part of it on Elder Letts because he took a ton and forgot to email them to me yesterday :). There will be pictures! :) And they will be worth the wait! There ARE pictures on the mission blog of me so go there and look at the last few weeks of stuff :)
I love you guys! Have a great week! :) Study a good talk this week! :)
Elder Marchant
No comments:
Post a Comment