No, Conference was really SO good. It always answers my questions and it is SO much better in the mission! :) Elder Ballard´s talk at Priesthood Session was SO good! And well, Elder Holland never lets me down :). One of the most important things I think I learned from conference though, was what Elder Oaks said. He said something to the effect of ¨Stop fearing the future. Fearing the future is a lack of faith.¨ I really needed that. I have really been fearing having to end the mission and come home, what I´m gonna do and everything. But that was just a nice, straightforward reminder that all I gotta do is have faith that the Lord will do with me what he wants and everything will work out as long as I have faith and do what He asks me to do :).
We had Zone Meeting last Friday so it was just the most spiritual weekend ever. Elder Landinez, my Zone Leader companion, and I spent a while preparing really well our Zone Meeting. President Deere wanted us to talk about Commitments and it was a really neat lesson :). A lot of it was about that as we extend commitments to people, if they have faith, they will act, and when the act, the Holy Spirit not only tells them that what they are doing is right but Heavenly Father is almost literally saying, ¨Good job! Keep going!!¨ to his children and they feel that what they are doing is pleasing the Lord. President Deere likened it to Joseph Smith. Joseph had faith that if he searched in the Scriptures he would find an answer. Sure enough when he ACTED and read, he was led to James 1:5 and he said that that verse Penetrated him (Holy Ghost) and that he have never been struck so hard by a verse of Scripture. The coolest part of it all was when President Deere said ¨Imagine what the Spirit was saying to Joseph right then. He probably said something like ´Hey Joseph, remember that grove of trees where we were yesterday? You need to go there. You need to pray. Do it, Joseph. Go! Come on Joseph!¨¨ I could really feel the desperation and the urgency in what the Spirit was saying to him. It was one of the most spiritual lessons I´ve ever heard. President Deere is so awesome :). He even took the time to scan and email me his notes so I could have them :) haha. I wish you guys could have been there. It really can´t be understood how amazing it was when you just read it like this. But it was a lifechanging lesson :).
Elder Adcock and I had one of the most awesome weeks ever. We didn´t teach very many people but we honestly felt that everything we did was guided by the Spirit and that we were doing exactly what the Lord wanted us to do. Elder Adcock is such a stud. He has so much desire to be the best he can be and to always trying to be better and improve :) I have the best kids EVER! :) haha
Well I love you all and invite you to read conference again :) At least 1 talk a week! :)
Elder Marchant


No comments:
Post a Comment