Well, not a whole ton to report on this week. It´s been a great week, as always :) But nothing crazy going on. Still working :)
I did get my trunky papers. That was weird. I didn´t like that at all haha. It didn´t make me trunky though. More than anything it made me realize how little time I really have left and how much I still have to do! Last November we had a General Authority come to the mission and he had an interview with one of the AP´s who was coming up on the end of his mission and he asked that Elder, ¨What would Christ´s ministry have been without the last 3 weeks of it?¨ Really if Jesus wouldn´t have given it all right at the end, what he had done before wouldn´t have made much of a difference. That makes me want to give it all as I come up towards the end. ( Even though I still have a lot of time :) )
In my studies right now I am reading Jesus the Christ and for the last few weeks I have been reading about the end of Christ´s ministry. I´m about to get to the final Friday. But I noticed that a TON of the most important things that he did or said happened towards the end. He did lot of miracles and taught a lot before the last part but he really kicked it into gear his last few weeks. He talked about the First and Great Commandment, and many other things that all seem to highlight his ministry in that last week. He never plateaued. He was always moving towards the peak and in His last week he sprinted and gave it everything he had. That´s how I want to end my mission. :)
I´m so tired :) haha. But I´m so happy all the time. It´s this crazy combination of stress and joy. We are always thinking in what we can do and all the things we have to do and I keep wanting to work harder and harder and do more and more. But I´m getting tired! haha. I think President Eyring said something about how he used to go home and sit down on the couch thinking how tired he was and not really wanting to go do home teaching or other things the Lord has asked him to do. But whenever those times came he always reminded himself to ¨Remember Him¨ and how tired and exhausted he must have been and how he didn´t want to do the hard part either. But he did. Because he loved us so much. We can all do a fraction of that because we love Him.
I know I don´t bear my testimony a lot when I email home and I should be better at that. But I just hope you guys know that I have one. That I still know the same things I knew when I left but I know them with a much greater surety now. I know that the Lord asks a lot of us. But He does so because He desires more than anything that we come back to Him. And when we think of the eternity that lies ahead, the little things we are asked to do now aren´t even a bother :).
Have a great week! :) I love you.
Elder Marchant


No comments:
Post a Comment