Alrighty everybody!
This has been a great week! All of them have been so far! I can´t believe that I´m out of here in a few days and out into the field! In Spanish it is called “El Campo” haha. I know that the first 2 or 3 weeks are gonna be pretty rough but I’m praying for a great trainer! And I’m gonna have a great attitude! I really am so thankful that I got to be in the Spain MTC!! I have made some of the best friends of my life! They are like family to me and I will hate leaving them. Also yesterday was my last day with Hermana Martinez and that was really sad. She has been such a huge impact on my time here. She has built my testimony a lot and she is so in tune with the Spirit! There have been days that I have not been doing too hot but haven’t told anyone anything and she will pull me out into the hall and read a scripture to me that is EXACTLY what I needed! “Teaching” her for the last time was awful because I was so sad! But me and Elder Webber taught one of our best lessons ever! I am SO excited to actually be out there teaching people that really need me! I have always loved helping people and actually doing so will make me so happy! Today was my last time in the temple. That was also sad. But I am looking forward to hopefully going back there with a family that I teach like my setting apart blessing said! That will be one of the happiest days of my life! These 6 weeks have gone by so fast! I’m gonna be home before any of us know it! Haha. I bought myself a really nice pair of Spanish Scriptures with the money that Grandma and Grandpa Evers gave me for my birthday. I love having my own set that is so nice so thanks Gma and Gpa!! I got a letter from Shalayne last night!!! Hahaha. That was nice : ) . Hopefully in a few weeks I can get one sent out to her too. Mom, I would love it if you could send me a few of this pictures you made in a letter and would REALLY love it if you could send me a nice small picture of Christ smiling. I’m looking forward to Skyping home for Christmas in a month! I’m glad that I will have been out for a while before I do so but that I’m not waiting 6 months! Haha. Last week at the parque my Companion was named Elder Pavon. He is from Honduras but he is serving in Stockholm Sweden. It was nice to have someone fluent with me because he speaks English too and helped me when I got stuck. I have been out a month longer than him so I did a lot of the teaching but he helped with Spanish which was nice. It was raining really hard and there were more missionaries there than people to teach haha. But we taught a girl that took a Book of Mormon and said that she would read it and pray and then call the mission home if she wanted to learn more. I really hope she does! I hate that I never get to know where the people I taught go with what I give. But I hope that one day I meet them in heaven and they come and give me a hug and thank me for getting them started! : ). I will be emailing home on Monday because I’m taking the train to Malaga on Tuesday morning. So be on for that! Haha. Thank you for your love and prayers! I really do feel them and I know that they keep me going! : ) . I’ll be on a little later today to email! But for now…Nos Vemos!
Elder Derick Marchant
Dear Mom,
I forgot some stuff in my first letter so you can make sure everyone else gets this:)
So one of my favorite things ever to do is sing in lessons with investigators! I bought a tiny Spanish Hymn Book and I use it all the time! Elder Webber was in choir too in high school so we sing “I Know That My Redeemer Lives” In Spanish as a duet whenever we talk about the atonement! It invites the Spirit immediately! And I LOVE singing it in Spanish!!! It is so pretty! It has grown into one of my favorite hymns! So with one of our investigators, we ran out of missionary lessons haha. So we have just been meeting with him to read scripture chapters and stuff. Yesterday we taught him a lesson solely about Christ. I wanted to read Mosiah 3;4-12 to him about the prophecy of Christ’s life and then read to him parts of 3 Nephi 11 when Christ comes down to the Nephites and has them feel the prints in his hands and feet and side. Then we sang I know that my Redeemer Lives to him and it was just absolutely amazing! I’m definitely going to be using that lesson plan! Only 20% of the members here are active so a lot of teaching here will be with less active members so I will be using that lesson when needed whenever I can! Today all the kids in my room went out to eat at a Burger place a few miles away for lunch. It was way good! I also got a piece of Hawaiian Pizza and they just put one piece up pineapple on and it was cold! I pulled it off and ate it and it was soaked in Alcohol!! It was terrible!! I felt awful! Haha. But I got to warn all the other Elders so that’s good! haha. I have a quote that one of the teacher’s gave in a sacrament meeting talk: “Only God can turn a mess into a message, a trial into a triumph, a victim into a victory, and a test into a testimony.” I really like that. Well I’ll email you sometime on Monday! I also have lots of pictures that I will be sending once I get into the field!
Love,
Elder Marchant
No comments:
Post a Comment