Thursday, November 7, 2013

My goal is to help 1...

Dear All, 
To be honest, it´s been a pretty uneventful week. But still great!!! Mom, I’m glad you got the pictures from President. I hope he sent you the ones of me teaching in the park too!! So the park last week was awesome! I was with an Elder from America who is learning Russian…So I was on my own! Haha. But the first people I talked to were 2 high school students. They were very interested and it was awesome! People really don’t seem interested until I bear my testimony. And then for some reason they listen! It is so amazing to me. In the 2 hours I was teaching in the park, I only talked to 6 people. Because my conversations with them were SO LONG!! I kept talking in Spanish to people for over 30 minutes! It truly is a miracle to me. The high school students took a Book of Mormon and also filled out a referral card for me to give to the missionaries so they could go teach them! The last person I taught was a girl from England. So I got to teach in English which was a huge blessing! If you go the pictures of me teaching a blonde lady, that was her. She also took a Book of Mormon and I filled out a referral for her as well. It was also a huge miracle to me that I had an English Book of Mormon. I gave her mine! The one that I brought on the plane with me to have just in case. It was awesome! When we go to the park we make companion goals…how many BoM’s we are going to place, referrals obtained, etc.. But my goal every week is that I will help 1 person. I pray the whole time that I can just help 1 person. I never know who it is or how I helped them. So I have to go as hard as I can the whole time there. But I know that Heavenly Father lets me help 1 person. I am definitely one of the most successful missionaries when we go to the park. And I think it is because I am not focused on placing Book of Mormons. I think it is because I just want to help 1 person. :) I like being able to do that. So last week I found out that the black track sweats I brought are TYLER’S!!! So I get some pretty funny looks when I walk around the sleeping floor in small sweats hahaha. But it has turned into a pretty funny joke. Yesterday we had TVEspana come in because they were interested in the Mormons. They came in and interviewed and filmed MY district! AWW YEAH! We are now famous in Spain! The cameraman was filming and he walked up behind Elder Mullins and said “write something” and Elder Mullins wrote “and we went to the park” right in the middle of his book in ENGLISH!!!! Hahahaha! We gave him so much crap! It was hilarious! I love playing soccer here. You wouldn’t believe it…but if there are no natives playing with us, I am the first one picked for the teams! Hahaha. I am dang good at defense! I really think that it is because people get intimidated by me charging them that they freeze in place and I steal the ball or the pass it crappy haha. I really am pretty awful. But it’s fun! Haha I only play defense because I am scared that someone will pass me the ball if I move forward. But everyone fights for me being on their team mwahaha! We go to the temple every P-day. I love the Madrid temple. It is so beautiful!! Today was the first day that Madrid got the new movie so we got to watch that today. It was nice. I think the hardest part of being out here is not knowing how everyone is doing at home all the time. I don’t get too homesick. But I do hate not knowing how people are doing for sure. But I just have faith that me being out here is blessing everyone :). I think that is all for now. I will get on again later this afternoon just in case I forgot everything and to email more individually. So I hope all is well! I love it here. I love knowing that I will be changing lives. Yo sé que Jesucristo veven y que el Evangelio es verdadero. I know that Jesus Christ lives and that his Gospel is true. 

Love,
Elder Marchant

From Derick's mom:
Derick asked me to send the Lyrics to this song to him.  I have attached a clip of the BYU mens chorus singing it if you would like to listen to it.  It was written from 2 Nephi chapter 4


Singing in front of the Spain Temple and the MTC.

 Proselyting in the Park.


No comments:

Post a Comment