Monday, August 17, 2015

Awwwww Yeah!

Dear Everyone,

What and awesome week!

Last week we worked super hard to get Rosa and Rebeccó ready for
baptism. A lot of time was spent with them and making the program and
getting them interviewed and getting them clothes and everything. But
it ended up being such a good baptism. Rebeccó finished the Book of
Mormon the day before his baptism and he was so happy and proud haha.
It was so cool working with him and seeing him accept all the
commandments and get super excited about becoming a member so he could
get the priesthood and do home teaching and come out to lesson with us
and everything. He is such a stud and will be such an awesome member
:).

Rosa was so great too. When we started teaching her with Elder
Gonzalez she had almost no faith. Her husband had just died so her
sister, who is a member, invited her to church. It was so amazing to
teach her so much and see her faith grow and to call her and have her
say "guess what?! I'm sitting out on the patio reading the Mormon
book!" Haha. She loves it and always has such good questions.

I gave a talk at their baptism and Rosa cried the whole time haha.
She's so cool. Rosa had to get baptized 3 times because her dress
wouldn't get under the water. And the member who baptized Rebeccó was
a recent convert and was baptizing for the first time and he body
slammed him into the water and fell on top of him hahahaha. But it was
so great and they shared their testimonies with everyone after and did
SO good :). We were so proud of them :).

We confirmed them on Sunday and it was so good :). Rosa always
complains about people who pray really quiet at church because she
sang hear very well and doesn't want to say Amen to anything she
doesn't agree with hahahaha. So she came up to me before church and
said "hey! My sister said that when you give me the Holy Ghost it's
gonna be like God speaking to me, so speak up so I can hear you good!"
:) haha. She is so happy now and jokes around with us and she was not
like that at all when we started teaching her. It's so amazing to see
how fast and how drastically the gospel can change someone's life.

We found out on Saturday about transfers. I'm staying here with Elder
Martín so I will finish the mission here. I'm really happy about that
:). I love my companion and I love this area. It's a hard area but we
are seeing really good things and we are helping the ward a lot as
well. So I'm happy to leave the mission from a place where I feel like
I've made a difference.

Well, that's about it! Today we went to Cádiz for Pday. What a cool
city :). I sent pics.

Love you guys. Keep up in D&C. (Rebeccó is super excited to learn more
about "The Covenants Book" as he calls it haha.)


-Elder Marchant

BAPTISM
Sightseeing at Cadiz




 











No comments:

Post a Comment