Monday, September 1, 2014

Will he be transferred or will he stay???

So I only have 1 big story this week. I'm so tired that I can't remember ANYTHING else that happened before it this week! haha


So the Recent Convert, Marcel that I've been teaching since his baptism disappeared about a month ago. He sent us a text that said that he was going to Madrid for a few days and that he'd call us when he got back. Well he never did so we started calling him every day but it always went straight to voicemail. We went by his house a few times but nothing. So Saturday night I get a phone call from him and he says "Hey I'm in Malaga getting on a bus to the Netherlands and flying to Aruba from there. Just wanted to say goodbye to you." Then I asked him where the heck he's been and he says that he's been home the whole time. He never went to Madrid. I guess he got in a fight with the bishop so he decided to disappear and not see anyone until he left for Aruba. He changed his phone number and just stayed in his house for a month. He really stressed me out with what happened with the bishop and everything but we finally figured stuff out and hung up. Then an hour later he calls and says "I am so dumb! The bus left at 9 this morning! Not in the night!" So he needed a ton of help because he had all of his bags and couldn't change his flight from the Netherlands and needed a way to get to the Netherlands. So we cancelled our appointments for the night and took the train into Malaga and had 2 other Elders come with us to help. We carried his bags all over the place and finally went to the church so he could use the wifi to talk to some friends from Haiti to lend him money to get a flight. We ended up being with him in the church until midnight!!!! We were all so frustrated but he needed help and we couldn't just leave him! Then he finally got the ticket and we had to help him find a hotel and carried all his bags. The first 2 hotels were completely full and we finally found one! We had to stay in the Elder's piso in Malaga because the trains and buses had quit going to Torremolinos. Got to sleep around 4 because of how crazy the night was. THEN.....we had to go to church the next day WITHOUT suit jackets or scriptures because we were NOT expecting to stay the night in Malaga! hahaha. It was a rough day :) But hey! A good story. One that I hope NEVER happens again!


Everything else is going pretty good. Aside from the crazy week we had and missing a lot of work time because of lots of meetings, interviews, and crazy Marcel, we had a really good week. Had a few investigators in church and are meeting LOTS of our goals. Our hard work is paying off.


We had interviews with President this week and I guess that my companion expressed to President that he was really scared for me to leave. Because I am supposed to be leaving in 2 weeks because of how long I've been here. But President asked me in my interview if I would be okay staying here 1 more transfer. I told him that I love the area and would love to finish Elder Cowley's training and I understand completely if I need to stay. So I guess we'll see what happens! 7 and a half months in 1 area almost NEVER happens. But we'll see :). I'll be fine with whatever.


Well that's about it for this week. We are SUPER ready for it to cool down! :) It's been so hot and humid for quite a while! But everything is great!


I love you guys! Have a great week! :)


Elder Marchant




No comments:

Post a Comment